The Doug Clark Scholarship Program
To honour the legacy of Doug Clark, dedicated volunteer and life-time supporter of the Ontario Association of Property Standards Officers, the Association has established a scholarship program in Mr. Clark's honour. The scholarship program provides an opportunity for one person each year to receive complementary tuition to the Association's Part 1 training.
Applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate financial need for the scholarship, a dedication to volunteer and community service, and an ongoing commitment to learning and professional development.
Should you wish to make an application for the Doug Clark Scholarship Program, please complete the online application form below, ensuring that you attach and submit all required supporting documents.
Past Recipients of the Doug Clark Scholarship
The recipient of the first annual Doug Clark Scholarship, awarded at the 2019 Annual Training Seminar was Katherine Doucette from the City of Timmins. Congratulations Katherine!
Terms and Conditions
1) The applicant understands that further references and/or documents may be requested at the sole discretion of OAPSO. Should this information not be provided to the satisfaction of OAPSO, the application will be denied.
2) The applicant understands that the should they be awarded the scholarship, OAPSO in no way guarantees the candidate that they will successfully complete the Part 1 Basic Course of the OAPSO curriculum.
3) The applicant understands that the scholarship is for the Part 1 Basic Course of the OAPSO training curriculum.
4) The applicant understands that should they not successfully complete the Part 1 Basic Course, any further costs that may be incurred to successfully complete the course are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
5) The applicant understands that should they be awarded the scholarship, their name and photograph may be used for promotional purposes through OAPSO's website, social media channels, and other media formats.
6) The applicant understands that the scholarship is non-transferrable.
7) The applicant understands that the scholarship must be used within a timeframe determined and established by OAPSO in writing and may only be extended at the sole discretion of OAPSO.