INSTRUCTORS WANTED!! OAPSO is currently recruiting instructors for its legal and investigation and construction components.
The Education and Training Committee is seeking motivated and dedicated individuals to become new instructors.
- Have a thorough knowledge and enthusiasm for your subject
- Understand the mission statement of OAPSO and believe in delivering a consistent message
- Are current in your field and are able to update training materials to keep topics relevant
We may have the perfect opportunity for you! Make a difference, by Joining our knowledgeable experienced instructors, and be part of shaping and guiding the next generation of Property Standards Officers.
Are you ready to put your teaching skills to use? If so, we have an eager audience waiting to benefit from your knowledge and experience!
This is a volunteer position. Expenses involving mileage, food and accommodations are reimbursed by OAPSO upon approval by the General Secretary.
The requirements are as follows:
- Consistency of message - Instructors that understand the mission statement of OAPSO.
- Current in their field - Updating material to keep topics current and relevant.
- Commitment - Attend the ATS, Dedicated training as needed, education meetings and travelling across Ontario as required.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of their topic of instruction and enthusiasm for the subject.
- Experience in a classroom environment preferable.
- Ability to take feedback and constructive criticism.
- C.P.S.O designation is recommended.
- 5-10 years experience in property standards enforcement.
- Written approval/support by employer authorizing their participation as an instructor.
Any inquiries can be made to Allison Henshall.